SharePoint: Error in ULS and Windows Event Log: Unknown SQL Exception 241 occurred. Additional error information from SQL Server is included below.

Today I did some SharePoint 2016 => 2019 migration tests for a customer.

I set up the new farm weeks ago, but today I saw the following error for the first time in the SharePoint ULS and Windows Event Log:

Entering Monitored Scope (Storage Metrics processing timer job). Parent=Timer Job job-storage-metrics-processing

System.Data.SqlClient.SqlException (0x80131904): Fehler beim Konvertieren einer Zeichenfolge in ein Datum und/oder eine Uhrzeit.
at System.Data.SqlClient.SqlConnection.OnError(SqlException exception, Boolean breakConnection, Action1 wrapCloseInAction) at System.Data.SqlClient.TdsParser.ThrowExceptionAndWarning(TdsParserStateObject stateObj, Boolean callerHasConnectionLock, Boolean asyncClose) at System.Data.SqlClient.TdsParser.TryRun(RunBehavior runBehavior, SqlCommand cmdHandler, SqlDataReader dataStream, BulkCopySimpleResultSet bulkCopyHandler, TdsParserStateObject stateObj, Boolean& dataReady) at System.Data.SqlClient.SqlCommand.FinishExecuteReader(SqlDataReader ds, RunBehavior runBehavior, String resetOptionsString, Boolean isInternal, Boolean forDescribeParameterEncryption, Boolean shouldCacheForAlwaysEncrypted) at System.Data.SqlClient.SqlCommand.RunExecuteReaderTds(CommandBehavior cmdBehavior, RunBehavior runBehavior, Boolean returnStream, Boolean async, Int32 timeout, Task& task, Boolean asyncWrite, Boolean inRetry, SqlDataReader ds, Boolean describeParameterEncryptionRequest) at System.Data.SqlClient.SqlCommand.RunExecuteReader(CommandBehavior cmdBehavior, RunBehavior runBehavior, Boolean returnStream, String method, TaskCompletionSource1 completion, Int32 timeout, Task& task, Boolean& usedCache, Boolean asyncWrite, Boolean inRetry)
at System.Data.SqlClient.SqlCommand.InternalExecuteNonQuery(TaskCompletionSource`1 completion, String methodName, Boolean sendToPipe, Int32 timeout, Boolean& usedCache, Boolean asyncWrite, Boolean inRetry)
at System.Data.SqlClient.SqlCommand.ExecuteNonQuery()
at Microsoft.SharePoint.Utilities.SqlSession.ExecuteNonQuery(SqlCommand command, SqlInfoMessageEventHandler handler) ClientConnectionId:c66450bf-adc7-4fc4-bbcd-e9e2c050a75a Error Number:241,State:1,Class:16

Unknown SQL Exception 241 occurred. Additional error information from SQL Server is included below. Fehler beim Konvertieren einer Zeichenfolge in ein Datum und/oder eine Uhrzeit.

It happens during execution of the SP timer job “Storage Metrics Processing” (technical name: “job-storage-metrics-processing”).

In the “job history” in the Central Administration I could see the affected database. It was one of the migrated database I mounted before to the new SP farm.

Fix

After two hours I found the solution:

In SQL Server the login for the new farm account “sp-farm-new” was set to DEFAULT LANGUAGE = GERMAN.

I changed the DEFAULT LANGUAGE of all accounts to “ENGLISH” and the error was gone.

I checked all SP service accounts of the old farm: They are all set to DEFAULT LANGUAGE = ENGLISH.

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published.

This site uses Akismet to reduce spam. Learn how your comment data is processed.